2018 MOUNTAINS TO THE MED ROAD BIKE HOLIDAY
FROM MERIBEL TO THE MEDITERRANEAN
ROAD BIKE HOLIDAY
This will be a new trip for the 2018 Summer. This will be a 7-day guided/supported 3-centre road bike cycle holiday beginning in Meribel Les Allues then moving to Pra Loup and finishing in Nice. Climbs will include Col de la Madeleine, Alpe d'Huez, Col d'Izoard and Col de la Madone.
The approximate itinerary is as follows:
- 15 Sep Sat - Pick up from Geneva airport/Moutiers train station before transferring to our chalet in Les Allues. Short afternoon ride if time permits.
- 16 Sep Sun - Ride the Cormet de Roselend loop, approx 100kms with 2000m climbing.
- 17 Sep Mon - Col de la Madeleine from the chalet. The Madeleine is a regular feature in the Tour de France.
- 18 Sep Tue - Transfer to Pra Loup and ride Alpe d'Huez on the way.
- 19 Sep Wed - Today we set off from the hotel for the Col de Vars and onto the Col d'Izoard. This is a big day but you also have the option to ride just 1 of the days 2 climbs, you choose which 1 it will be.
- 20 Sep Thu - Ride/transfer to Nice via the Cimes de Bonnette, the highest paved road in France.
- 21 Sep Fri - A day to test yourself on the Col de la Madone, a climb that has never appeared in the Tour de France but popular with many of the professional riders.
- 22 Sep Sat - Departure day.
2018 MOUNTAINS TO THE MED HOLIDAY PRICES
- 15-22 Sept: £930 per person based on 2 sharing
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
The prices displayed in the list above includes
- 7 nights chalet/hotel accommodation
- afternoon tea
- 3 course evening meals on 6 nights
- airport/train station transfers
- vehicle support and guiding
- Flights or train travel