LA MARMOTTE CYCLE HOLIDAY AND ACCOMMODATION 2017
We are now taking bookings for the 2017 La Marmotte cycle sportive, Cycle Hame will be offering the following:
- a single-centre long weekend Marmotte package with race entry, and
- a 2-centre 8-day Marmotte package with race entry.
La Marmotte is a challenging alpine cycle sportive and a must-do for all keen road bike enthusiasts. The event is 174km with 5000m vertical ascent over famous Tour de France cols before finishing on Alpe d'Huez and rated as one of the hardest cycle sportive events in France.
MARMOTTE 2017 ITINERARY
The Marmotte event will take place on Sunday 2nd June 2017, this is a change from the usual Saturday.
Sun - 25 June
Pick up from Lyons St Exupery airport/train station or self drive.
Mon 26Jun-Tue 27Jun
Accompanied/supported riding days, either local rides or nearby classic cols and climbs.
Wed - 28 June
Staff day off. No vehicle support or guiding today
Thur - 29 June
Transfer to Bourg d'Oisan/Alpe d'Huez. Ride Telegraph and Galibier en route.
Weekend option - Pick up from Lyons St Exupery airport/train station
Fri - 30 June
Either guided ride with vehicle support or ride Alpe d'Huez
Sat - 1 July
Rest or easy ride day. Vehicle available at set time for return from Bourg d'Oisans to Alpe d'Huez.
Sun - 2 July
"La Marmotte"Early start today depending on your start time. 174 km ride includes 4 well-known TdF climbs.
Mon - 3 July
CYCLE HAME 2017 LA MARMOTTE PRICES
- £650 pp weekend package
- £870 pp week package(8 days)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 4 or 8 nights chalet accommodation on Alpe d'Huez
- Breakfast and afternoon tea each day
- 3 course evening meals with wine on 4(w/end) or 7(week) nights(1 staff night off)
- Guiding and vehicle support
- Airport/train station transfers
- Marmotte entry
- Feed station on the Marmotte course(the feed station will be set up on the Col du Lauteret until 5pm on the day of the event)
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Flights or transport other than airport/train station transfers as described above
- Bike hire