MEGEVE TO THE MED ROAD BIKE HOLIDAY
15-23 AUGUST 2020(8 DAYS)
Ride from Megeve in the French Alps to the Mediterranean Sea.
An unforgettable 8 day cycling challenge that starts in Megeve and takes in some of the most famous climbs that the Alps has to offer including the Col de la Madeleine, Alpe d'Huez, Col d'Izoard and Mt Ventoux.
The trip will end in St Maries de la Mer on the shores of the Mediterranean.
- A week of challenging riding starting in the French Alps.
- Vehicle and rider support each day
- Famous Tour de France climbs including the Col de la Madeleine, Col d'Izoard, Alpe d'Huez and Mt Ventoux.
- Climb the famous Cime de la Bonette - the highest paved road in Europe.
- Sat 15 Aug 2020
Arrival day. Transfer to Megeve. Build / organise bikes.
- Sun 16 Aug 2020
Megeve - Les Allues
Straight into it from day one, we will climb the Saisies and Cormet de Roselend
- Mon 17 Aug 2020
Les Allues - Valloire
Today we will tackle the Col de la Madeleine and the Telegraphe.
- Tue 18 Aug 2020
Valloire - Bourg d'Oisan
The third day of cycling takes over the Galibier and then the famous 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez.
- Wed 19 Aug 2020
Bourg d'Oisan - Embrun
Time to head back over the Lauteret and onto the Col d'Izoard, another spectacular classic climb
- Thu 20 Aug 2020
Embrun - Sault
A more relaxing day travelling across country to the lavendar fields of Provence
- Fri 21 Aug 2020
Sault - Bedoin
A pleasant warmup through the spectacular Gorge de la Nesque before taking on Mt Ventoux, the Giant of Provence
- Sat 22 Aug 2020
Bedoin - St Maries de la Mer
The final part of our journey takes us to the Mediterranean Sea and a great way to finish this amazing trip.
- Sun 23 Aug 2020
Departure day. Transfer to Marseille Airport.
- £1450 per person
- Based on 2 sharing
- Single supplement - £220 pp.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- 8 nights 2/3* hotel accommodation
- Breakfast and evening meals each day
- Vehicle and rider support
- Airport/train station transfers to and from resort
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Flights or train transport
- Bike hire
- Drinks not included in evening meal prices