TOUR DE FRANCE ALPS WEEK HOLIDAY PACKAGE 2019
2019 TOUR DE FRANCE ALPS WEEK
20-28 Jul 2019
Join us for our 2019 Tour de France Alps week(8 days) for a holiday offering great cycling and the chance to view 3 alpine stages of the 2019 TdF.
This is always a fun week and this year promises to be more of the same with the 2019 Tour de France route arriving in our neighbourhood.
The start of the week we will include local rides and an Alpe d'Huez day.
Then in the second half of the week we will get to view the last 3 alpine stages of the 2019 TdF. On the stage days we will cycle to one of the stage climbs where you can then ride to the summit or you can stop somewhere along the way to view the race.
The penultimate day sees the race climb up the valley next to our own with the finish in Val Thorens.
We are now taking reservations for the 2019 Cycle Hame Tour de France Alps week, book now if you wish to secure your place.
2019 TOUR DE FRANCE ALPS WEEK ITINERARY
- Sat 20 Jul
Arrival day, pick up from Geneva airport or Moutiers train station. Transfer to the chalet in Les Allues.
- Sun 21 Jul
Local ride day. The first day of the holiday we will set off from the chalet for a local ride that will include the climb up to Pralognan ski resort. A nice way to start the week with shorter climbs and beautiful scenery.
- Mon 22 Jul
Cormet de Roselend. This ride will take in the Cormet de Roselend a classic col that featured in the 2018 TdF and will appear again in 2019, the first climb on stage 20 of the race.
- Tue 23 Jul
Today we will head to Italy with a ride up the Col du Petit St Bernard, the border is at the summit of the col.
- Wed 24 Jul
Alpe d'Huez. In the morning we will drive to Allemond near Bourg d'Oisans to tackle the famous 21 bends of Alpe d'Huez.
- Thu 25 Jul
Stage 18 . We will head to the Maurienne Valley for our first 2019 TdF stage day. From the valley we will ride over the Col du Télégraphe to Valloire. You will then have the option to stay for the stage finish or continue up the Col du Galibier to see the riders come over the top.
- Fri 26 Jul
Stage 19 . Another classic climb today as we make our way up the Col d'Iseran to see the professionals coming up from the Maurienne Valley side.
- Sat 27 Jul
Stage 20. The last chance for the yellow jersey contenders to secure the lead. We will ride from the chalet to the bottom of the hill and onto the final climb of the 2019 TdF.
- Sun 28 Jul
Departure day and the end of a great week of riding in the Alps and watching the greatest race in the World.
- Organised ride each day including the stage days.
- Some of these will be road bike rides taking in our local cols and climbs made famous by the Tour de France
- There will be vehicle support for the local rides
- Cycle Hame staff riding.
- Cycling legendary TdF climbs, Alpe d'Huez and the Col de la Madeleine will be included
- View 3 French Alps stages of the 2018 Tour de France including the finish of Stage 12 on Alpe d'Huez
- The stage days will involve cycling to a suitable viewing point, usually a climb being used on the days stage
2019 TOUR DE FRANCE ALPS WEEK PRICE
The price for the week package is £ 1090
The following is included in the Tour de France Alps week holiday:
- Chalet/other accommodation(based on 2 sharing)
- Breakfast each day, will include cooked option at the Les Allues chalet
- Afternoon tea each day
- Guided riding with vehicle support
- Transport to stage days
- 3 course evening meals(6 nights)
- Airport or train station transfers
- View 2/3 stages of the 2019 Tour de France.
Call or email today to reserve your place
Tel: 0044(0)1875 320157